What games are you playing?

Talk about whatever!
senbonzakura

What games are you playing?

Post by senbonzakura »

I keep missing out on cool games because of not being on social media much anymore and nobody posting about them on the forum here, so I figured I should do something about that.

So, if you just discovered a new video game, card game, or TTRPG, or you want to talk about something that happened in a favorite you play all the time: this is the place!

edit: just to be clear, if someone's "already mentioned" a game that you want to post about, post about it anyway! Let's have conversations!
Last edited by senbonzakura on Tue 09 Nov, 2021, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

senbonzakura

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by senbonzakura »

I'll start it off with the obligatory mention of Super Auto Pets. I'm absolutely hyped that someone actually made a roguelite team battler, it's a lot of fun.

There's an impressive amount of emergent mechanics from chaining different pets in different ways and it doesn't feel like it's going to get "locked in" too quickly due to the randomized nature of the turns. Although I wish my phone clock was visible while I was playing, I keep losing track of time. >.> That's why I have the in-game clock on in GW2....

On a tangential note, I haven't been playing it a lot lately, but if you like turn-based strategy games and you also like Super Auto Pets, you might like Polytopia! It's essentially a miniature civ game, with all the fun parts of a civ game but much quicker. I actually like it so much I bought all of the "basic" civs - the ones that unlock different tier 1 or tier 2 techs as their starting tech, as opposed to the tier 3 or gimmicky ones.
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

Anke

Post by Anke »

I've been playing Fallen London!

I have a squid cat! I am building a railway line so I can dig up fossil bones so I can build skeletons to sell!

Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

I have been playing Rimworld and Stardew Valley. My other go-tos are Master of Orion II, Minecraft, and Sunless Sea, but I am not playing any of those right now.

In Rimworld I am working on a colony tucked into the corner of a mountain. We have achieved electricity, recruited a cook, and tamed two muffalo, which are these wooly ox things.

In Stardew Valley I am working on my first year on a new farm, and recently got to the bottom of the mines. I haven't gotten to the desert yet. It is fall.

InspectorCaracal

Post by InspectorCaracal »

Anke wrote:
Wed 10 Nov, 2021, 9:48 am
I've been playing Fallen London!

I have a squid cat! I am building a railway line so I can dig up fossil bones so I can build skeletons to sell!
Oh man I never stuck with it long enough to get that far, that sounds great.
Wysteria wrote:
Wed 10 Nov, 2021, 2:36 pm
In Stardew Valley I am working on my first year on a new farm, and recently got to the bottom of the mines. I haven't gotten to the desert yet. It is fall.
There's a desert????

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

Anke

Post by Anke »

Fallen London added so much stuff after I stopped playing. I started again early this year.

Today I built a new railway station and at that station I could build a library! (It functions more like a place where I can sell books, but it's the principle of the thing)

I think next up is finishing one of the mad science experiments in my laboratory.

Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Wed 10 Nov, 2021, 6:15 pm
Wysteria wrote:
Wed 10 Nov, 2021, 2:36 pm
There's a desert????
Yes! It's one of the unlockable 'secret' areas. I haven't gotten to all of them, but the desert is a pretty straightforward 'complete this set of community center bundles' thing.

You can forage for cacti and coconuts.

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

I can't get past 5 wins in Super Auto Pets Arena. I CAN'T DO IT. I can be having a near perfect game with purely wins and draws and then I reach 5 wins and lose everything from there on.

I'm starting to get the hang of some of the higher-level strategies, but I'm still stuck at this five-win plateau. I keep thinking maybe I should try out Versus in a public room for some other team-building experience, but that's still a bit intimidating.

Anke

Post by Anke »

More Fallen London!

Got some knowledge about space-bending science out of my experiment.

While extending the railway line I found a face-tentacled snake that emits poison fumes, and studying that one in my lab led to a lengthier study of reptiles and amphibia. Wanna get another ocular toadbeast so I have another species to study, so I guess tomorrow morning's actions will be set aside for a trip to the Rubbery Quarter in Flute Street to get closer to that.

InspectorCaracal

Post by InspectorCaracal »

Anke wrote:
Thu 11 Nov, 2021, 7:31 am
More Fallen London!

Got some knowledge about space-bending science out of my experiment.

While extending the railway line I found a face-tentacled snake that emits poison fumes, and studying that one in my lab led to a lengthier study of reptiles and amphibia. Wanna get another ocular toadbeast so I have another species to study, so I guess tomorrow morning's actions will be set aside for a trip to the Rubbery Quarter in Flute Street to get closer to that.
okay you might get me to start playing this game again this all sounds amazing

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.