What games are you playing?

Talk about whatever!
Anke

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Anke »

I picked the Dangerous Ambition of hunting the Vake, but I don't consider that the main story of the game. I think I didn't touch it for months before last week.

Some parts of the game are grindy still, but there are a lot of things to pick from to do.

I'm currently busy with mad(dening) science ^_^

zatnosk

Post by zatnosk »

Anke wrote:
Tue 16 Nov, 2021, 8:22 am
I want to get in on the science! Especially the mad parts. But I don't have access to the university yet, so I guess there's some way yet.
Non-starter Watchful-related area
I do have access to The Forgotten Quarter, although the story there is a bit grindy, imo..

Anke

Post by Anke »

Spoiler University/Laboratory
Spoiler
If you don't have access to the University at all yet, it'll be a while before getting a lab. When you first get access, it's pretty good for grinding items. At some point you get thrown out, then you need to go on an expedition which requires a ship, and only afterwards do you get back and can get a lab (without the lots of item grinding options)
And yeah, agreed, the Quarter is grindy, particularly with how many actions you need to build up supplies first. I do like the expeditions themselves, though.

InspectorCaracal

Post by InspectorCaracal »

zatnosk wrote:
Tue 16 Nov, 2021, 8:31 am
Anke wrote:
Tue 16 Nov, 2021, 8:22 am
I want to get in on the science! Especially the mad parts. But I don't have access to the university yet, so I guess there's some way yet.
Non-starter Watchful-related area
I do have access to The Forgotten Quarter, although the story there is a bit grindy, imo..
that's it

that's the area that made me quit

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

Bee

Post by Bee »

So I forgot about Kittens Game for a couple months and when I picked it back up there was an entire new mechanic thrown in that was confusing me a lot... so I decided to start over. Worst case scenario, I have loads of backups lol
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

Bee

Post by Bee »

Bee wrote:
Sun 21 Nov, 2021, 2:40 pm
So I forgot about Kittens Game for a couple months and when I picked it back up there was an entire new mechanic thrown in that was confusing me a lot... so I decided to start over. Worst case scenario, I have loads of backups lol
....I forgot how freaking addicting this is in the beginning, pff
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Sun 21 Nov, 2021, 4:32 pm
Bee wrote:
it's wild how it's super engaging at the beginning but then you just inevitably stop checking it

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Sun 21 Nov, 2021, 9:40 pm
Bee wrote:
Bee wrote:
it's wild how it's super engaging at the beginning but then you just inevitably stop checking it
Yeah it gets more complicated and you need to make Decisions so you can get back on track and augh

I tried using Kitten Scientists to automate parts of it but I didn't like doing that either
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Sun 21 Nov, 2021, 9:43 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
Bee wrote:
Yeah it gets more complicated and you need to make Decisions so you can get back on track and augh

I tried using Kitten Scientists to automate parts of it but I didn't like doing that either
oh no

oh no i'm going down the "design a clicker/idle game" rabbit hole again oh nooooo

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Sun 21 Nov, 2021, 9:44 pm
Bee wrote:
Sun 21 Nov, 2021, 9:43 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:

oh no

oh no i'm going down the "design a clicker/idle game" rabbit hole again oh nooooo
I FORBID YOU
and

QUIRKS.CPP