Webtoons!

The place to talk about web comics, web serials, fanfiction, and any other kind of stories posted on the internet.
Forum rules
Tag your spoilers!
InspectorCaracal

Re: Webtoons!

Post by InspectorCaracal »

Bee wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2023, 12:44 am
InspectorCaracal wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2023, 11:45 pm
Bee wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2023, 11:43 pm

Augh FINE
ngl i drift in and out of a lot of webtoons but THAT ONE HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN

i'm pretty sure it's the only one that i've ever gone back and reread any of it and i like, never fast pass, but i've probably put at least $15 into that one comic so far alone lmao
Oh wow
I'm downloading it now!
me: welp time to prepare myself for B being totally underwhelmed and thinking worse of us
Kieran: Cal!!!
Sion: no, we'll just lose interest as soon as she gets invested
Kieran: EXCUSE ME
me: owww that was a low blow
Angel: *laughing in the background*

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2023, 12:51 am
Bee wrote:
InspectorCaracal wrote:

i'm pretty sure it's the only one that i've ever gone back and reread any of it and i like, never fast pass, but i've probably put at least $15 into that one comic so far alone lmao
Oh wow
I'm downloading it now!
me: welp time to prepare myself for B being totally underwhelmed and thinking worse of us
I don't even get mad about it anymore lmfao
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2023, 8:46 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2023, 7:16 pm
lol I ALMOST got back to being able to read For My Derelict Favorite each week for free again but then webtoon was like "you have a free coin expiring!" and I was like okay I'll fast pass the next episode I haven't read and now I've gotten them all,,,,
it's such a fun/cute/emotionally engaging comic for us and they're so good at making each episode end on a cliffhanger you just HAVE to know what happens next..... AND CAEL IS SO PRETTY..... :sob: beautiful boys suffering emotionally is my weakness
I already know I'm gonna fast pass the next one when it goes up tomorrow because I need to see their walk on the causeway. I NEED THIS

**edit: OH IT'S UP

InspectorCaracal

we just gonna hold out three more weeks... then they'll be free again... don't give iiiinnnn
Attachments
Screenshot_20230415-001635.png
Screenshot_20230415-001635.png (552.27 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2023, 12:51 am
Bee wrote:
InspectorCaracal wrote:

Oh wow
I'm downloading it now!
SO

not exactly my kind of thing but also I did just binge read through 39 episodes??
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2023, 2:29 am
SO

not exactly my kind of thing but also I did just binge read through 39 episodes??
yeeee you liked it

i wasn't expecting to like it as much as i do tbh but the combination of character angst and X-TREME FAN MODE has me hooked lmfao

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2023, 2:34 am
Bee wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2023, 2:29 am
SO

yeeee you liked it

i wasn't expecting to like it as much as i do tbh but the combination of character angst and X-TREME FAN MODE has me hooked lmfao
Hee 😆
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

sion: hmm, 5 free coins, if we click through a bunch of episodes we'll have enough free coins to get the next episode of For My Dereli--
me: NO! NO!!! WE JUST GOT OUT OF POST-FAST PASS HELL!!!!!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

InspectorCaracal

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2023, 3:27 am
sion: hmm, 5 free coins, if we click through a bunch of episodes we'll have enough free coins to get the next episode of For My Dereli--
me: NO! NO!!! WE JUST GOT OUT OF POST-FAST PASS HELL!!!!!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg kieran is taking his side i am screaming

InspectorCaracal

time for one of Cal's Irregular Webtoons Updates! (Which needs a clever name but I got nothin)

(Friendly reminder: these are not exhaustive lists! Although I definitely went into more detail this time lol)

First, I've let a whole bunch of series I was enjoying lapse, for various reasons:
  • The Advanced Player of the Tutorial Tower: I really super enjoyed this for a really long time, but it splintered a bit into a couple of sidecast stories, which isn't necessarily bad on its own, but it was specifically a couple of sidecast stories about his two borderline-yandere psychotic former-students being motivated into mastering their Successor powers by "if I master this I can make him MINE" and I am just... I mean, as things go, they were executing it really well without being gross harem-y? but still. I am not here for this, y'all.
  • Reincarnated as an Unruly Heir: I stopped bothering to read the updates because I wasn't really into the vengeance storyline and starting to bring in characters from his former life, and then it went on hiatus. I'll probably pick it up again when it comes back?
  • Dungeons & Artifacts: This one I actually didn't mean to stop reading, lol. I just lost track of it at one point and then it went on hiatus so it stopped reminding me about it. I will almost definitely pick it up again eventually.
  • LoveBot: ...I just kinda stopped caring about it? It was getting into the Big Bad Main Plotline and I just... didn't care. blobshrug
  • Maybe Meant to Be: Just haven't been the mood for awkward slice-of-life romance-or-not shenanigans.
  • Your Wings and Mine: I don't really know why I stopped reading this, but I did, a while ago. It didn't degrade in quality, the vibe didn't change, the story was progressing nicely, I just..... stopped.

New finds since last time:
  • Marionetta: By the same artist who did Hooky. I absolutely love the art; the premise and story and characters are interesting and fun; I often find myself just not in the mood and ignoring it for a few weeks, then catching up and going "why didn't I keep up with this??".
  • 66,666 Years: Advent of the Dark Mage: I accidentally binged this when getting those free coins lmfao. It's been super enjoyable, actually? I've fallen a bit behind because I'm not enjoying the current journey story arc as much as I have the previous ones, but I intend to catch up some evening when I'm not super exhausted.
  • Saving a Mercenary Unit from Bankruptcy: I have no idea how to describe this one lol. It's in the slice-of-life isekai genre? I'm finding it really cute. Lots of "found family" vibes so far.
  • Vampire Husband: THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM THE TITLE I PROMISE. It's like comic-strip style frequent small updates about a vampire and his wife, but like, after they've been married for decades, so his wife is this feisty eccentric old lady and they just do their normal ("normal") daily life stuff and it's adorable, every update brings me joy.
  • The Blind Prince: I picked this up out of idle curiosity and I continue following it... out of idle curiosity? It's a very fairy tale kind of story. Like. It's not a subversion or twist or anything, it's just playing the whole fairy tale quest vibe straight, which is refreshing. And the art is great.
  • Player Phoenix: Checked this out because I kept seeing ads for it on my normal webcomics and I was bored, turns out to be super fun actually! Reasonably standard "guy dragged into the world of his video games" premise, but it's got some clever twists and the MC is an obnoxiously adorable spoiled brat who I love.
  • A Spell for a Smith: Updates only once monthly, but it's very pretty and sweet and heartwarming. Follows an anxious and ostracized witch and a lonely and self-isolated dwarf as they meet and gradually fall in love.

And lastly, continued favorites:
  • For My Derelict Favorite: This continues to deliver the slow-burn fangirl romance and sociopolitical maneuvering I expect from it, and also Cael continues to be super pretty. a_plus
  • Hand Jumper: Not sure I mentioned this before, actually? It's basically a dystopian story about superpowers. I've been super enjoying it and it just came back off hiatus recently. (Note, it gets somewhat violent.)
  • The Gentle Way: Just came back from hiatus!!!! Still adorable and great and adorable and everyone should read it!!!!
  • The Truce: I'm still really enjoying the story and art and characters for this, even though they DID just kiss, so I guess we'll see? :joy:
  • Of Swamp & Sea: I keep missing this one for weeks at a time with all the other subs I have, but I catch up on it periodically. Still a great story about monster-hunting and slow-burn romance in a Weird West kind of setting, hasn't done anything to make me dislike it or lose interest, but the smallish size of mini-arcs lends itself well to reading in infrequent batches so it's a good "read a bunch every now and then" series.

(this post has been brought to you by: "I finally figured out why I couldn't log in to the webtoon app on my new phone and fixed it")