Planet Recipe Book

Talk about whatever!
skysailor

Re: Planet Recipe Book

Post by skysailor »

katrani wrote:
Thu 16 Feb, 2023, 7:26 am
I'll be cooking a valentine's dinner for H. tomorrow, can't decide between honey steaks or risotto-stuffed squash, but whatever I do this is a reminder for myself to put down the recipe afterwards.

(Also Ciel stop making such delicious-sounding stuff I do not have time to try all of these immediately :v)
I'm picking recipes that are relatively low-effort!

LilFluff

Post by LilFluff »

Less recipe than vague technique: I decided I wanted a toasted sandwich for lunch and took a potato bun, salami, and cheese, wrapped the sandwich in a single layer of parchment and stuck that in my Instant Vortex air fryer on the air fry setting at 350° for roughly fifteen minutes and it came out quite nice. I'm not sure my oven would have even finished preheating by then.

Bee

Post by Bee »

Circumstantial cuisine
Circumstantial cuisine
PSX_20230529_190011.jpg (86.04 KiB) Viewed 7187 times
Hello hello

So this started as a simple soup using leftover kabocha squash (that had been cooked with just onions, garlic, salt and pepper, nothing fancy). There wasn't enough for a decent creamy soup, so I decided to add some ground beef (with more onion and garlic, salt, and a bay leaf). (Oh, and cooking wine!)

When everything was nicely browned and cooked, I added turmeric, black pepper, the blended squash and extra water (I forgot to make vegetable stock 😭) but that just made the food look sad, so... I added brown rice! But of course that required more seasoning, so I added smoked paprika, more salt and pepper, plus some coriander (which I'm still learning how to use...).

As the rice cooked, I remembered this whole head of cabbage in the fridge, so I took a quarter of it and added that as well (after washing, sterilizing and drying it, yes). But there was still something missing, so I went searching the kitchen for ideas... and found some frozen cilantro! Which meant I could make the soup spicier! So in went some red pepper flakes, extra smoked paprika, and the cilantro, and it worked! :D

I really like his it turned out, AND I ONLY NEEDED ONE POT
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

katrani

Post by katrani »

I adore when leftovers/fridge clean-out comes together that well!

katrani

Post by katrani »

Oh I just remembered I actually did a good leftovers thing a couple weeks ago! No exact recipe but

Breaded chicken:
-crush some tortilla chips
-salt and creole seasoning on the chicken itself
-take some cream cheese, melt it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds in small increments so it'll spread easier
-flour coating on the chicken, then the cream cheese instead of egg, some lemon pepper, then the crushed chips
-bake at 425 for 45 minutes or so (though my chicken was still partially frozen so 30 minutes might be fine)
-enjoy!

I had mine with some rice and frozen brocc, but yanno, it's breaded chicken, anything goes lol

Bee

Post by Bee »

oh no now I want chicken nuggets
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP