Webtoons!

The place to talk about web comics, web serials, fanfiction, and any other kind of stories posted on the internet.
Forum rules
Tag your spoilers!
InspectorCaracal

Re: Webtoons!

Post by InspectorCaracal »

I checked out Of Swamp and Sea last night and I love it????

It's about a monster hunter and a small-town country woman who enjoys novels travelling together after a monster hunt goes sideways.

The setting is sort of fantastical... turn-of-the-20th-century? There are telephones and some electricity, a handful of cars which are clearly from the cusp of the 20th century, and the clothes feel mostly late 19th-century American, plus magical creatures and monsters.

And it's WONDERFUL. It manages to be both tense and cozy at the same time. Highly recommended.

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

InspectorCaracal

okay okay so I've seen banner ads for "Woven" but they must've changed the series blurb because I remember being uninterested before but this time I was like oh hey this sounds like it might be fun and so far I love it??? And it's NOT because it features a major character who is a tall dark-haired eccentric and unreliable man named Theo who is connected to dragons

okay maybe a little

but it's mostly just great!!

InspectorCaracal

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Mon 28 Nov, 2022, 7:04 pm
okay okay so I've seen banner ads for "Woven" but they must've changed the series blurb because I remember being uninterested before but this time I was like oh hey this sounds like it might be fun and so far I love it??? And it's NOT because it features a major character who is a tall dark-haired eccentric and unreliable man named Theo who is connected to dragons

okay maybe a little

*stares at the top comment*

it's almost unfair how many of my ideas keep popping up while I read this lmfao

(p.s. comment author is wrong, he didn't say he didn't know what it was, he just evaded)
Attachments
Screenshot_20221128-120836.png
Screenshot_20221128-120836.png (135.6 KiB) Viewed 1157 times

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Mon 28 Nov, 2022, 7:04 pm

okay maybe a little

This looks very good! I've added it to my subscriptions, will read it at some point lol
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

In 2022, you've enjoyed a total of
episodes
across 14 genres
and 89 series
oh geez, oh wow. okay. that's. uh. that's a lot. wow.

also it pegged me as a "binge reader" and how dare they call me out lmfaoooo

Bee

Post by Bee »

145 episodes. 6 genres. 16 series.
New series navigator!

In other words, I’ve really barely read webtoons this year. 😭😭😭😭😭😭
and

QUIRKS.CPP

Bee

Post by Bee »

Oh I’ve caught up with Woven, though! It’s really good!

I’m specially impressed with Ayse, and how Theo dealt with her most recent outburst. She’s brave and clever, but still a believable child, and his response was so respectful and appropriate. I nearly cried lol
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Wed 14 Dec, 2022, 5:25 pm

I’m specially impressed with Ayse, and how Theo dealt with her most recent outburst. She’s brave and clever, but still a believable child, and his response was so respectful and appropriate. I nearly cried lol
YES!! they're so good!!!

i'm actually a couple episodes behind on woven now, but i've been working on catching up on stuff so i'll probably do that one tonight

Bee wrote:
Wed 14 Dec, 2022, 5:20 pm
New series navigator!

my top "flex" was actually "Canvas Explorer" or something like that, apparently I read a higher percentage (or quantity? not sure) of Canvas series than most people, which, i mean, how else am i gonna read four thousand episodes amiright *nervous laughter*

but the binge reader one made me laugh because. yeah. lol. i've definitely stayed up way too late reading An Entire Series a number of times this year....

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Wed 14 Dec, 2022, 8:33 pm
Bee wrote:

YES!! they're so good!!!

i'm actually a couple episodes behind on woven now, but i've been working on catching up on stuff so i'll probably do that one tonight

Bee wrote:
New series navigator!

my top "flex" was actually "Canvas Explorer" or something like that, apparently I read a higher percentage (or quantity? not sure) of Canvas series than most people, which, i mean, how else am i gonna read four thousand episodes amiright *nervous laughter*

but the binge reader one made me laugh because. yeah. lol. i've definitely stayed up way too late reading An Entire Series a number of times this year....
Do you read on your phone? I’ve found out it’s a lot harder to binge read on my tablet, it’s too big. It’s part of why I switched, actually, I spent way too much time reading webtoons last year >.<
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Wed 14 Dec, 2022, 8:40 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
Wed 14 Dec, 2022, 8:33 pm
Bee wrote:

YES!! they're so good!!!

Bee wrote:
New series navigator!

Do you read on your phone? I’ve found out it’s a lot harder to binge read on my tablet, it’s too big. It’s part of why I switched, actually, I spent way too much time reading webtoons last year >.<
I do, yeah

tbh the binge reading sessions are exclusively when J is away on a trip and I don't have any cues telling me "go to sleep now" so i'm reading a new webcomic and suddenly it's 3am,,,

i gave myself a rule i'm not allowed to start new comics at bedtime, now, lmao