Tea!

Talk about whatever!
corvabird

Re: Tea!

Post by corvabird »

Hey so I've discovered how to become more of a tea person!

Problem: Tea is super bitter to me. Apparently this is a common experience much like tasting marmite. I had no idea I was having a different experience to other people and that other people don't get ill from drinking tea.

Solution: Shorter brewing times! I boil the water, pour it onto the tea bag, then take out the tea bag. Now I like it!

I only drink Earl Grey atm (which tastes wonderful to me), but I'm looking into other non-herbal caffeine-free teas that have citrusy flavours as well.

I'm drinking a cup or two a week atm and it's really nice. I also don't put milk in it (which is blasphemy in the UK!) which makes it much more pleasant for me as well. ^_^
Boo!

InspectorCaracal

Post by InspectorCaracal »

corvabird wrote:
Sat 29 Oct, 2022, 8:42 am

Problem: Tea is super bitter to me. Apparently this is a common experience much like tasting marmite. I had no idea I was having a different experience to other people and that other people don't get ill from drinking tea.

Solution: Shorter brewing times! I boil the water, pour it onto the tea bag, then take out the tea bag. Now I like it!

I only drink Earl Grey atm (which tastes wonderful to me), but I'm looking into other non-herbal caffeine-free teas that have citrusy flavours as well.

I'm drinking a cup or two a week atm and it's really nice. I also don't put milk in it (which is blasphemy in the UK!) which makes it much more pleasant for me as well. ^_^
ooooh, yeah! that's a great solution!

citrusy, hmmm. well, earl grey is citrusy because it's got bergamot added, so anything with bergamot or lemon added to it is probably gonna work.

you could also try adding a squeeze of lemon to regular decaf tea!

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Sat 29 Oct, 2022, 2:22 pm
corvabird wrote:
Sat 29 Oct, 2022, 8:42 am

ooooh, yeah! that's a great solution!

citrusy, hmmm. well, earl grey is citrusy because it's got bergamot added, so anything with bergamot or lemon added to it is probably gonna work.

you could also try adding a squeeze of lemon to regular decaf tea!
I was going to try another bergamot tea but I can't remember what it was called atm XD

But adding a squeeze of lemon is a good idea! I'll try that. ^_^
Boo!