What games are you playing?

Talk about whatever!
InspectorCaracal

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by InspectorCaracal »

corvabird wrote:
Mon 29 Aug, 2022, 8:14 am
Ooh, olmakahn charr sound amazing!

At the moment, my headcanon for Vex is ... hang on, I made a little post about it.
Vex Tabby nonsense
This is my GW2 main, Vex Tabby the tabby-and-white charr mesmer!

They grew up near Lion's Arch and don't understand why everyone expects them to be war-like. They are quite fearful but they love exploring, so mesmer magic suits them well because it means they always have company!

---

'We did it, team!' Vex high-fives the illusory clones which all explode into butterflies.

They are left alone clutching their staff. Their smile fades and they trudge on.

My thinking is basically that charr in Lion's Arch and nearby have a culture and lifestyle more influenced by the other cultures they are constantly mixing with. Hence charr kids playing with human kids running through the streets etc.

I really like Lion's Arch.
omg this is so adorably sad

LA is great, I wish I'd seen it before it got blown up

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Fri 02 Sep, 2022, 4:08 pm
corvabird wrote:

At the moment, my headcanon for Vex is ... hang on, I made a little post about it.
Vex Tabby nonsense

They grew up near Lion's Arch and don't understand why everyone expects them to be war-like. They are quite fearful but they love exploring, so mesmer magic suits them well because it means they always have company!

---

'We did it, team!' Vex high-fives the illusory clones which all explode into butterflies.

They are left alone clutching their staff. Their smile fades and they trudge on.

My thinking is basically that charr in Lion's Arch and nearby have a culture and lifestyle more influenced by the other cultures they are constantly mixing with. Hence charr kids playing with human kids running through the streets etc.

it gets blown up?!

Wait do you mean before GW2 or do you mean it's going to be blown up?! I've seen the sunken ruins of its past (and remember it in GW1)

Also I'm playing a bit of Book of Travels again alongside GW2. And I've been told I need to play The Old Republic with my sister. So I may end up having 3 MMOs on the go this week? (Well ... BoT is a TMO but even so!)
Boo!

InspectorCaracal

corvabird wrote:
Mon 12 Sep, 2022, 12:54 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
corvabird wrote:

Vex Tabby nonsense

---

it gets blown up?!

Wait do you mean before GW2 or do you mean it's going to be blown up?! I've seen the sunken ruins of its past (and remember it in GW1)
Oh, no, sorry, I forgot to give context :sweat_smile:

Back in the early days of GW2, the "living world" stuff was named that because it would actually make changes to the game world. And the climax of living world season 1 involved Scarlet Briar drilling into the leyline running directly underneath Lion's Arch and blew the whole city up.

So all those flashback "old LA" scenes in the personal story are what LA actually looked like in GW2 before then. And then it blew up! And they ran a community vote to decide what the theme of the rebuild was gonna be. That was all like just before we started playing.
corvabird wrote:
Also I'm playing a bit of Book of Travels again alongside GW2. And I've been told I need to play The Old Republic with my sister. So I may end up having 3 MMOs on the go this week? (Well ... BoT is a TMO but even so!)
oh man I totally forgot about BoT, I should try it some more.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Mon 12 Sep, 2022, 3:37 pm
corvabird wrote:
InspectorCaracal wrote:

it gets blown up?!

Back in the early days of GW2, the "living world" stuff was named that because it would actually make changes to the game world. And the climax of living world season 1 involved Scarlet Briar drilling into the leyline running directly underneath Lion's Arch and blew the whole city up.

So all those flashback "old LA" scenes in the personal story are what LA actually looked like in GW2 before then. And then it blew up! And they ran a community vote to decide what the theme of the rebuild was gonna be. That was all like just before we started playing.
corvabird wrote:
You should try it, it's amazing!

Also ohhh so that's why there's a giant drill in the water?! I was really curious about that but assumed it was in some lore somewhere XD Living World sounds very cool
Boo!

InspectorCaracal

SION STOP POSTING ON MY ACCOUNT LMFAO

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Mon 12 Sep, 2022, 3:40 pm
*sheepishness intensifies*
corvabird wrote:
Mon 12 Sep, 2022, 3:38 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
corvabird wrote:
it gets blown up?!

corvabird wrote:

Also ohhh so that's why there's a giant drill in the water?! I was really curious about that but assumed it was in some lore somewhere XD Living World sounds very cool
Yeah!! And yeah, starting with LWS2 they made the stories replayable chapters/episodes, like expansions - and they've actually been redoing and re-releasing season 1, so when you finish the personal story, if you don't have all those unlocked i can play them through with you :+1:
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

senbonzakura wrote:
Mon 12 Sep, 2022, 3:43 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
corvabird wrote:
InspectorCaracal wrote:

Yeah!! And yeah, starting with LWS2 they made the stories replayable chapters/episodes, like expansions - and they've actually been redoing and re-releasing season 1, so when you finish the personal story, if you don't have all those unlocked i can play them through with you :+1:
hehehe XD

I would love to play through LW with you! I'm still only level 50-something so I don't think I'm anywhere near done with personal story yet, but I'll say when I am!
Boo!

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

corvabird wrote:
Mon 12 Sep, 2022, 4:17 pm
senbonzakura wrote:
Mon 12 Sep, 2022, 3:43 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
corvabird wrote:

hehehe XD

I would love to play through LW with you! I'm still only level 50-something so I don't think I'm anywhere near done with personal story yet, but I'll say when I am!
ah yes, you have Claw Island coming up next...

I actually haven't played through lws1 yet myself either. J and I were going to start, but then it was Festival of the Four Winds (which is my favorite festival!) and then he was working on his latest legendary weapon and then was busy with work and now we have family visiting, sigh xD Not that I need to have played through it before I run you through but, you know, there's definitely no rush lmao
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

sitting in front of Book of Travels in my Steam library and trying to decide if I should make a new character or pick up where I left off

I last played in January and I never got very far..... and they might've done updates that change the early game experience.......

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

senbonzakura wrote:
Sat 24 Sep, 2022, 7:50 pm
sitting in front of Book of Travels in my Steam library and trying to decide if I should make a new character or pick up where I left off

I last played in January and I never got very far..... and they might've done updates that change the early game experience.......
dang, they still don't have UI size scaling :(