What games are you playing?

Talk about whatever!
InspectorCaracal

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by InspectorCaracal »

corvabird wrote:
Mon 01 Aug, 2022, 7:35 am
... I can't play emuferal. :( It wasn't the server being busy as suggested, it's an unresolved error that requires a dev's attention to even know what's happening and I can't get the dev's attention.

:(
gimme the info you got about it and i'll yell until i get a dev

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Mon 01 Aug, 2022, 4:14 pm
corvabird wrote:
Mon 01 Aug, 2022, 7:35 am
... I can't play emuferal. :( It wasn't the server being busy as suggested, it's an unresolved error that requires a dev's attention to even know what's happening and I can't get the dev's attention.

:(
gimme the info you got about it and i'll yell until i get a dev
aww :)

Nah, I'm already posting in the support channel and tagging the main dev every day. I think it'll just keep getting ignored tbh but maybe they'll pick it up eventually.
Boo!

skysailor

Post by skysailor »

Just finished Wolf and Rabbit, which was cute (but also had horror). Post-ill-defined-War kemonomimi verse where a wolfboy escapes from a reeducation camp trying to make him vegetarian, thinks about eating a bunny girl, but then she kidnaps him and he has to figure out what's going on in her grandma's house and why grandma's missing.

purplemontart

Post by purplemontart »

I got back into Final Fantasy 14 again, after a break I took after finishing the most recent expansion and patch story.

I've wound up in a free company (guild) that runs like this in-game gambling house and it's wild. There's nights where the FC leader goes off to help promote in-game houses that run... uh... fun nights. I don't know how I wound up here but it's always hilarious.

Also I reinstalled Runescape and then when I went to pay for a membership, the site had just gone down for maintenance. Which I think is a sign.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

I've just started playing Ultima Online on a server set up for fedifolk. There's like 6 people on the server so far, including me, Joh, and Zatty.

I'd never played UO before (a game that came out in 1997) and honestly nobody seems to know what's going on -- I think the only player with experience is WelshPixie (the host) who hasn't played in 20 years.

But! I did manage to tame 5 birds and then become trapped by them. I tamed someone else's goat and ran off with it. And I put a notice on the local bulletin board that I'm hoping someone finds. I get to be a gargoyle (one of three playable species) and have big flappy wings and horns, which obviously makes me very happy.

Joh has been having the time of their life. Having chopped down several trees and left the town scattered with unwanted wooden boxes and chairs, they decided carpentry wasn't for them and took up begging. They were such a prolific beggar in our first couple hours of play that they made 1800 gp, which they are going to use put themself through bard college. XD

It's buggy and weird and I don't have any idea what I'm doing but I'm honestly loving it.
Boo!

InspectorCaracal

Post by InspectorCaracal »

spun up minecraft for myself again for the first time in ages because the kids play on the switch and the past couple big updates've been really cool

of course i can't play vanilla lol so i found whatever mods i usually use that'd been updated to 1.19 and added a couple new ones and ngl this has been the most fun in a minecraft world i've had to date, i can actually feel a sense of progression and further goals??
kinda long rambling on about my MC game
so first off the mod list
  • SereneSeasons (always gotta have this, i love me some seasons)
  • Quark (gotta have my double doors lol also i want a firefox someday)
  • Farmer's Delight (my previous farming mod standby, Simple Farming, isn't into 1.19 yet, so I decided to try this one)
  • Naturalist (adds a bunch of new biome-specific wild mobs with a food chain and stuff, like snakes, snails, songbirds, deer, bears, giraffes, lions)
  • Ars Nouveau (a magic/spellcasting mod which is VERY nice)
  • InControl (lets me explicitly manage mob spawning rules)
  • Cooking For Blockheads (since Farmer's Delight uses its own special custom crafting mechanics for food, this isn't as useful, but I still wanted the milk jug)
  • Mr. Crayfish's Furniture Mod (... just for fun)
InControl is fricking amazing y'all. So I've long suffered from the quandary of not wanting hostile mobs just roaming around trying to kill me every time i go into a slightly dark place, but also not wanting to lose the hunger mechanic, so I tried to find things that make me get hungry in Peaceful mode. This tho, this is even better. So what I got set up right now is, I'm in Easy mode so if I fight stuff it's not too scary, and I made it so hostiles don't spawn above y=40 (except for slimes and witches, which spawn normally, because I like the idea of swamps being dangerous). That means when I'm on the surface or digging down/caving a little bit, there's no monsters, but if I wanna go deep enough to get The Good Stuff, I'm gonna have to be prepared to fight. And I love it, I haven't fought anything yet but knowing that mining will go all Moria on me is :chefkiss:

Altho I had a time at the beginning where I thought it was behaving wrong and restricting too many spawns because there were no chickens and y'all know there are always plenty of chickens spawning but then I realized later that the snakes from Naturalist eat chickens, so it probably had spawned a bunch of chickens and they just got eaten lmfao. There's plenty of animals in my main game now.

Speaking of my main game! I got a nice spot in the plains, found a cave with some iron and a block of water so I could bring it up top to irrigate a farm, and I got some carrots and onions to grow (they're spring crops). Birch forest one way, oak forest another, savannah the third (so I could "cheat" and grow summer crops there all year round because of how the seasons work but I don't wanna) so I have a lot of nice wood options - haven't gotten any acacia yet but it's easy access. Got myself a couple sheep I dyed for colored wool, couple cows for leather.

I also have two different Archwood (a.k.a. Magic) trees within an easy run distance, past which is... a good-sized Plains village! I got some hay for my animals that way (since wheat is a summer crop so I can't grow it yet) and I also nabbed some of the rich soil (did I mention Farmer's Delight has an extended composting system??) to boost my compost production and I also pretended that I bought one of their horses and brought it back to my home.

Also, between the village and my farm was a flock of chickens being tended by not one but two Whirlisprigs, which are basically little hovering nature fairies from the magic mod that you can bind as a familiar, and as luck would have it, one of the two whirlisprigs decided it liked my new horse I was leading more than the chickens and followed my horse all the way back to my farm!!! Getting a whirlisprig charm shard isn't expensive but it's a little tricky, you have to grow a tree near it, so I composted ALL of my wheat seeds into bone meal and stuck down a sapling and bone mealed it until it grew and lo and behold now I have a whirlisprig charm~ can't actually bind it as a familiar until I get far enough in magery to do rituals and stuff.

BUT, I finally got myself a beginner spell book so I can start making spells! I ran into one more iron cluster under the village and it got me enough iron to make the iron tools you need to craft with a book to make the spellbook and I'm excited. I think I gotta make a scribing table to make spells, tho, so I gotta trim some wood from one of those archwood trees to make one.

The village also gave me a bunch of potatoes, bread, and tomato seeds, along with a few gold nuggets, which is v good because i need two gold nuggets to make the scribe table... I have a feeling I'm gonna need a lot of gold to make the ritual equipment to have familiars, so at some point I'm gonna have to start caving in earnest. Once I've got enough crop variety to make some meals, I think. I'm also excited the town gave me tomato seeds because one of the trades the one farmer there wants is giving emeralds for tomatoes (the other is for wheat) and while both of those are summer crops, i got both now so i will be ROLLING in cash by the end of the summer aw yiss.

Right now tho I'm focused on growing crops and building stuff. I'm gonna level/pave a road from my house to the village so I can ride my horse back and forth for quick trips, and then I'm gonna do some renovation on the village itself - it spawned with some pretty janky levels, so there are basically no flat paths anywhere and I wanna fix that, make it look nicer and be easier to move around, maybe add a few new houses and expand the available professions a bit - it's got a good selection, including two clerics and a librarian, but I wanna get it fully built out. And there's only one cat. Gotta figure out how to tame a cat when there's no streams or ponds or oceans nearby....

I also figured out how to mirror my screen to the TVs through the roku, so when I have time to play during the day, the kids get to watch me do stuff without me having them hovering over my shoulder xD

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

LilFluff

Post by LilFluff »

skysailor wrote:
Tue 02 Aug, 2022, 11:00 pm
Just finished Wolf and Rabbit, which was cute (but also had horror). Post-ill-defined-War kemonomimi verse where a wolfboy escapes from a reeducation camp trying to make him vegetarian, thinks about eating a bunny girl, but then she kidnaps him and he has to figure out what's going on in her grandma's house and why grandma's missing.
*jumps over to Steam and looks it up* Oh, that looks cute.

Meanwhile after a month and a half away I finally kept my laptop on after work hours and opened up The Expression Amrilato again. I happened to notice that not only does it have a log you can pull up that shows prior dialog, when you mouse over a line a button appears to the side which you can click on to listen to the spoken version again. Considering that the game involves the protagonist falling into an alternate universe where everyone is speaking a new language (but for one girl about the same age who speaks a tiny bit of Japanese and thus is able to just barely communicate with her) being able to replay the lines is handy. I wonder if that's a standard VN/Ren'Py feature.

(And it Rin finally realized that if Ruka knows a bit of Japanese she could ask her what the word confusing her at the moment means, and then ask for the local word for thank you so she can thank her.)

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

I'm playing loads of GW2 at the moment! I played a few hours of it maybe a year ago but didn't get into it. It's just what I need right now though and I have to say, it's a lovely MMO and I'm having a great time of it. My favourite thing is completing the map exploration -- especially in the cities where it's just good clean exploration.

Biggest accomplishment is definitely Weyandt's revenge in Sharkmaw Caverns. :) Also I completed a dungeon without completely embarassing myself which made a change from WoW!
Boo!

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

corvabird wrote:
Fri 26 Aug, 2022, 5:27 pm
I'm playing loads of GW2 at the moment! I played a few hours of it maybe a year ago but didn't get into it. It's just what I need right now though and I have to say, it's a lovely MMO and I'm having a great time of it. My favourite thing is completing the map exploration -- especially in the cities where it's just good clean exploration.

Biggest accomplishment is definitely Weyandt's revenge in Sharkmaw Caverns. :) Also I completed a dungeon without completely embarassing myself which made a change from WoW!
YO WHAT YOU'RE PLAYING GW2!!!! my dreams are coming true :sob: can I add you to my friendlist? did i already?? the sharkmaw jp is really tricky but a lot of fun so i know what you mean there >.> and there are so many things to explore and little NPC dialogues to discover and when you get to Divinity's Reach if you haven't already you should read all the book excerpts in the book carts I think you'll enjoy that

feel free to hmu any time we're both on at the same time if you want an extra party member for anything!
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

senbonzakura wrote:
Fri 26 Aug, 2022, 6:01 pm
corvabird wrote:
Fri 26 Aug, 2022, 5:27 pm

YO WHAT YOU'RE PLAYING GW2!!!! my dreams are coming true :sob: can I add you to my friendlist? did i already?? the sharkmaw jp is really tricky but a lot of fun so i know what you mean there >.> and there are so many things to explore and little NPC dialogues to discover and when you get to Divinity's Reach if you haven't already you should read all the book excerpts in the book carts I think you'll enjoy that

feel free to hmu any time we're both on at the same time if you want an extra party member for anything!
Sion I would love it if you added me! My main is Vex Tabby :D I don't have a max level char yet and I also don't actually know what's happening most of the time but I'm really enjoying the game ^_^ I feel like it has a cohesive lore and also it isn't making me a chosen one (which I really hate in MMOs) so I'm veyr happy. Also it's a bit nostalgic because I played og GW back in the day.
Boo!