What games are you playing?

Talk about whatever!
Anke

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Anke »

Since Strange Horticulture was on sale, I got it and started playing.

I was a bit surprised there were no voices, but then, it was corva who was doing the voices in her stream XD

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

Anke wrote:
Sun 15 May, 2022, 11:12 am

I was a bit surprised there were no voices, but then, it was corva who was doing the voices in her stream XD
ahhh yay! I'm so curious to hear how your run goes! Also how / if you are organising your plants!
Boo!

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

A friend has given me access to his steam library so that I can play Elden Ring! And I'm only playing it in small bits at a time but it's going really well. I'm terrible at skill-based combat so I'm using all the secret in-game difficulty sliders, like summons and magic and shields, and it's allowing me to get by via flailing quite successfully.

Which is good because I want to see all the beautiful weird creatures and learn all the lore and I wouldn't be able to do that if I couldn't progress. ^_^
Boo!

Anke

Post by Anke »

corvabird wrote:
Mon 16 May, 2022, 7:53 am
ahhh yay! I'm so curious to hear how your run goes! Also how / if you are organising your plants!
I've done 4 days so far, and I nearly lost my mind twice :D

If your despair? despreration? the bad meter fills up, your mind shatters, and you have to solve a little puzzle to be allowed another go. The first one was putting together a shattered image like a jigsaw puzzle, the second involved matching keyss to the shape of a lock.

I'm trying to organise them alphabetically.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

Anke wrote:
Mon 16 May, 2022, 4:53 pm
corvabird wrote:
Mon 16 May, 2022, 7:53 am
I've done 4 days so far, and I nearly lost my mind twice :D

If your despair? despreration? the bad meter fills up, your mind shatters, and you have to solve a little puzzle to be allowed another go. The first one was putting together a shattered image like a jigsaw puzzle, the second involved matching keyss to the shape of a lock.

I'm trying to organise them alphabetically.
oh wow, I kinda wish I'd experienced that, that's really cool!

I think I should have done mine alphabetically. I did it by type and then by alphabet, and I think it made things unncessarily complicated sometimes.
Boo!

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

Anke wrote:

So we checked this out after this post, thinking, like, "if it looks interesting maybe I'll get it", and it was still on sale but only for twenty minutes so we just grabbed it. xD

Anyway we started playing it last night and it's a lot of fun! A lot more puzzle VN than I expected but I'm liking it. If the moon phases are any indication I think we're pretty close to the end.
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

senbonzakura wrote:
Tue 24 May, 2022, 4:03 pm
Anke wrote:

So we checked this out after this post, thinking, like, "if it looks interesting maybe I'll get it", and it was still on sale but only for twenty minutes so we just grabbed it. xD

Anyway we started playing it last night and it's a lot of fun! A lot more puzzle VN than I expected but I'm liking it. If the moon phases are any indication I think we're pretty close to the end.
Oh, I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's such a brilliant game.

I've started streaming Potion Craft which so far I don't enjoy as much -- it has less story and less variation in game play, heavier on the mechanics, I guess -- but it's still really good.

At the moment, I'm trying to get one of my co-op gaming friends to play Knightfall with me. It was released as an April Fool's game but it's really good! It's like a very small battle-royale but silly, where you are two knights drift-racing your horse (no really) from town to town in a race to get to the castle first so you can give your partner the rose, fighting other duos along the way.

I don't know whether anyone else here plays shooters or things like that, but if you do, it's silly and fun and well worth a fiver just for a laugh.
Boo!

LilFluff

Post by LilFluff »

So I picked up The Expression Amrilato on Steam a while back intrigued by the idea of an isekai visual novel in which the viewpoint character ends up in another world in an alternate Japan with a language strongly based on Esperanto. Tonight I got around to firing it up and I'm rather amused, poor Truck-kun didn't get to handle the isekai transfer. Instead it happens via tripping while eating a freshly made taiyaki. Not tripped into traffic and hit by a car, not tripped and hit her head, simply trips, stumbling a little before catching herself with on hand on a conveniently close wall, and when she looks up to see if her embarrassment will be compounded by a classmate having seen her she finds that the street looks different than it did a moment earlier and she can't understand what the people around her are saying to each other.

"Could it have been the taiyaki I just ate?! Had it actually been laced with some illicit substance that was giving me hallucinations? Is that why it tasted so good...?"

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

LilFluff wrote:
Tue 07 Jun, 2022, 6:07 am
So I picked up The Expression Amrilato on Steam a while back intrigued by the idea of an isekai visual novel in which the viewpoint character ends up in another world in an alternate Japan with a language strongly based on Esperanto. Tonight I got around to firing it up and I'm rather amused, poor Truck-kun didn't get to handle the isekai transfer. Instead it happens via tripping while eating a freshly made taiyaki. Not tripped into traffic and hit by a car, not tripped and hit her head, simply trips, stumbling a little before catching herself with on hand on a conveniently close wall, and when she looks up to see if her embarrassment will be compounded by a classmate having seen her she finds that the street looks different than it did a moment earlier and she can't understand what the people around her are saying to each other.

"Could it have been the taiyaki I just ate?! Had it actually been laced with some illicit substance that was giving me hallucinations? Is that why it tasted so good...?"
love this. Can all isekais in future be handled by taiyaki instead of truck? XD
Boo!

LilFluff

Post by LilFluff »

corvabird wrote:
Tue 07 Jun, 2022, 11:43 am
love this. Can all isekais in future be handled by taiyaki instead of truck? XD
It could be a whole food related thing. Isekai via taiyaki. Isekai via dangerously delicious pizza. Isekai via extra bubbly soda. Isekai via Death By Chocolate chocolate cake...