Talk about whatever!
senbonzakura

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by senbonzakura »

corvabird wrote:
Mon 03 Jan, 2022, 9:50 am
senbonzakura wrote:
Sat 01 Jan, 2022, 9:35 pm
Oooh, yikes, I just read the post about having to let go over 2/3 of their company because of the Book of Travels early-access launch not being successful enough... That sucks, but it looks like they kind of failed on the promotional side. You can't even tell the game is purchasable from their official website. I hope they manage to recover and learn from this, I'd hate to see the game die at this point.
Joh learned about it *from* an article about that happening. D: It was already on my wishlist at that point but still ...

It's such a gorgeous and original game but that is a frightening mis-step. The idea that you can't even tell the game is purchaseable from their site *right now* is not encouraging though ...
Yeah, launching a multiplayer game is always extremely fraught and the lack of PR is not encouraging, but let's hope.
corvabird wrote:
Mon 03 Jan, 2022, 9:55 am
Okay so @senbonzakura I am obsessed with this game? It's so slow and quiet and the world feels so full and interesting. I've definitely encountered bugs but it doesn't *feel* buggy because it's so beautiful.

Now I know the company is struggling, I'm tempted to stream it, but I wasn't before because I treasure the quiet of my travels (sometimes interspersed with threat and danger, but usually not).

Also I have found out how to replenish life petals if you need one, and I know where you can learn to wear armour and wield weapons if you intend to go down that path (I am not planning to just yet, although this is the first game where pacifist route is more natural than combat, which is tempting me toward combat!)

Also I got perma-cursed by a bugged ghost. I might need to fight the ghost to break it, if it even comes off.
I really want to stream it too! But I have technical issues... I only actually played for like an hour or so so far and I'm really loving it, but I don't have a large monitor and the lack of resolution/text size options makes it incredibly hard for me to read anything. With the UI being intentionally subtle to begin with for the game's design aesthetics (which I like), it's almost painful for me to play at the moment. x.x I put in a request in their feature suggestions thread for lack of anywhere else to put it, but they sound most focused on putting out content rather than QoL right now.

Have you run into any other players yet?
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

senbonzakura wrote:
Mon 03 Jan, 2022, 5:03 pm

I really want to stream it too! But I have technical issues... I only actually played for like an hour or so so far and I'm really loving it, but I don't have a large monitor and the lack of resolution/text size options makes it incredibly hard for me to read anything. With the UI being intentionally subtle to begin with for the game's design aesthetics (which I like), it's almost painful for me to play at the moment. x.x I put in a request in their feature suggestions thread for lack of anywhere else to put it, but they sound most focused on putting out content rather than QoL right now.

Have you run into any other players yet?
Oh no! That's not good! I didn't even realise they didn't have resolution / text scaling yet. D:

I signed up to their newsletter btw and it's fully out of date, talking about how they'll have a release date soon and no mention that it's on steam yet. I've messaged the team on twitter to let them know about the site and newsletter being so outdated because it's entirely possible there are people waiting for a release date that they've never been informed has already happened. They've kept their steam and launcher updated but none of their marketing.

I have run into a handful of players! First player I ran into I tried to warn them about a bandit and wolf duo that had chased me. Then we went on a wander thorugh a forest and activated a shrine that turned me into a goat!

Second player I ran into we waved at each other and went our separate ways.

Third player I ran into we wandered all over an island together.

Fourth player we were trying to get on a train but it wouldn't let us and we were both emoting our frustration and waiting for the next. I decided to leave when they started sending hearts though and spamming hi emote (I don't have any emotes or melodies yet but it was cool to see one in action).

I've realised that I think I've encountered more players than I realised though. Their names don't show up until you've been in close vicinity for a little while. So there were some people who passed by that in retrospect I'm pretty sure were players.

Anyway Joh tried it and liked it so they bought it as well and we're going to go for adventures together. Differing levels don't really matter so it ought to be fun and casual.
Boo!

Bee

Post by Bee »

Bee wrote:
Thu 30 Dec, 2021, 2:29 pm
Kittens Game, run 7(!), Anarchy challenge~!
I can tell this is going to be a LONG run augh.
Kittens are not only lazy and can't be assigned as leaders, ONLY HALF OF THEM CAN BE ASSIGNED JOBS. This is both aggravating and absolutely hilarious

With Winter Has Come, I was pretty confident I could do it because I had made it to Helios on pretty much every single run (and I'm generally paranoid about not letting my kittens starve to death), but I don't think I've ever built a single AI Core?? So I really have no idea how long it should take normally.
update
Well, it looks like I'll get that AI Core by tomorrow so lol not a long run at all as far as the challenge is concerned, but I hate myself so I've decided to get all the missing metaphysics before the Sephiroth next run, which means I need 1200+ kittens before resetting. Still 800+ to go, but I guess I should get used to it.

I'm tempted to try the energy challenge next? I think Black Sky and Atheism are way above my current abilities and circumstances so those will have to wait.
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

I've gotten to the best part of making this legendary weapon: raising baby tigers!! :yellow_heart:
Attachments
cnc4.png
cnc4.png (374.34 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

senbonzakura wrote:
Sun 16 Jan, 2022, 11:40 pm
I've gotten to the best part of making this legendary weapon: raising baby tigers!! :yellow_heart:
i have to find a new den to raise them in first :ohno:
cymbel no.png
cymbel no.png (39.97 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
secluded tour.png
secluded tour.png (358.04 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

senbonzakura wrote:
Sun 16 Jan, 2022, 11:57 pm
senbonzakura wrote:
Sun 16 Jan, 2022, 11:40 pm
i have to find a new den to raise them in first :ohno:

cymbel no.png

secluded tour.png
Oh, it wasn't that bad, actually, the only really annoying jumping puzzles I either didn't need to do the hard way, or I managed to use my extensive knowledge of cheesing the mechanics with mounts to skip most of. <.<

Bee

Post by Bee »

I couldn't sleep last night so when I went to save my current KG game I ended up loading the last backup from like 3-4 days ago and now I can barely look at it I'm so mad
and

QUIRKS.CPP

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

Bee wrote:
Wed 19 Jan, 2022, 11:18 pm
I couldn't sleep last night so when I went to save my current KG game I ended up loading the last backup from like 3-4 days ago and now I can barely look at it I'm so mad
oh NO

THAT'S AWFUL

Bee

Post by Bee »

senbonzakura wrote:
Wed 19 Jan, 2022, 11:19 pm
Bee wrote:
Wed 19 Jan, 2022, 11:18 pm
oh NO

THAT'S AWFUL
Yeah I wish it at least asked for confirmation before overwriting the game :/
and

QUIRKS.CPP

Anke

Post by Anke »

Oh no

That reminds me I forgot to save at the end of the last... 9 runs <_<

I'm on run 12 now, should be the first in which I manage to build a chronosphere and take some resources with me.