What games are you playing?

Talk about whatever!
corvabird

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by corvabird »

I just started playing Project Zomboid, which is a zombie survival game which has been in development for like ... a decade or something?
Talking about a zombie game
It's like the Sims but zombie survival and you control one character, I guess. I was quite nervous to try it (I am *very* frightened of zombies) but I got pretty good at 7 Days to Die and I didn't think this would be as scary and it wasn't!

What it is is *incredibly challenging*. You have no map markers unless you find a pen, no time unless you find a watch, and you have to feed, clean, and house yourself even though it is only a matter of time until water and electricity are shut off.

I played multiplayer with friends and it was honestly wild trying to find each other when we each had a different part of the map uncovered and we kept dying and spawning as new characters in other places. There are zombies *everywhere* and you need to increase your skills before you can do things like barricade your doors and windows -- assuming you spawned somewhere safe, and 8/10 times you spawn somewhere already under seige.
It was extremely cool even though we were terrible at it. Definitely going to go back to it!
Boo!

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

decided to buy the elves in Polytopia because I was curious how different the mechanics are and this is WILD

They don't get Giants as their super units? they get DRAGONS?? And not just like "poof! here's your unit" like normal super units, it starts out as a little egg and after 3 turns hatches into a baby dragon and 3 more turns later turns into a grown-up dragon and the dragons can FLY. Also, instead of hunting animals to level up your cities, you transform them into animal-headed people which act as advanced ground units?? And instead of hunting whales to get 10 stars you spend 5 stars to turn them into ridiculously powerful melee water units?!?! It's wild!! I have to try it in Domination mode now that I know what they play like.

Also, their animal unit is rainbow unicorns and their team color is pink, which cracks me up.
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

Bee

Post by Bee »

Kittens Game, run 6, Winter Has Come

I was playing in iron will mode for like two days so I wouldn't have to deal with starving kittens but I've finally secured enough food to start my kitten empire anew
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

senbonzakura wrote:
Sun 19 Dec, 2021, 11:08 pm
decided to buy the elves in Polytopia because I was curious how different the mechanics are and this is WILD

They don't get Giants as their super units? they get DRAGONS?? And not just like "poof! here's your unit" like normal super units, it starts out as a little egg and after 3 turns hatches into a baby dragon and 3 more turns later turns into a grown-up dragon and the dragons can FLY. Also, instead of hunting animals to level up your cities, you transform them into animal-headed people which act as advanced ground units?? And instead of hunting whales to get 10 stars you spend 5 stars to turn them into ridiculously powerful melee water units?!?! It's wild!! I have to try it in Domination mode now that I know what they play like.

Also, their animal unit is rainbow unicorns and their team color is pink, which cracks me up.
WHAT!!!!!!! I was browsing the wiki and?!??!!
The Mixed Tribes Easter egg allows players to merge two tribes in the tribe selection screen, as long as the player has three stars on both of the tribes.
I NEED TO TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!
it is surprisingly difficult to find good low-res image motifs to put in one's signature these days

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

Bee wrote:
Sun 19 Dec, 2021, 11:23 pm

I was playing in iron will mode for like two days so I wouldn't have to deal with starving kittens but I've finally secured enough food to start my kitten empire anew
We totally forgot about kittens game.... again....... >.>

Bee

Post by Bee »

senbonzakura wrote:
Mon 20 Dec, 2021, 12:09 am
Bee wrote:

Tbf you play a lot of games and kg isn't exactly the most enthralling one lol
and

QUIRKS.CPP

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

Bee wrote:
Mon 20 Dec, 2021, 12:12 am
senbonzakura wrote:
Mon 20 Dec, 2021, 12:09 am
Bee wrote:

Tbf you play a lot of games and kg isn't exactly the most enthralling one lol
That's true. xD One of the reasons I really like Polytopia and SAP is that you can sit down and play a game from start to finish reasonably easily in one go, because forgetting about something for a while and then picking it up again and going "oh god where was I, what was I DOING" is an ongoing problem xD

Bee

Post by Bee »

Bee wrote:

stubbornly resisting the temptation to get more storage before capping every. single. cappable. building.

just because
and

QUIRKS.CPP

Anke

Post by Anke »

I'm on run 2 of Kittens Game. Built my first satellite, but mostly concentrating on building up Reactors and Factories right now.

senbonzakura

Post by senbonzakura »

This was possibly THE most frustrating game of SAP I've ever played. >.<
jgkghfhg.png
jgkghfhg.png (469.17 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
I lost the first four turns. Then I won three times. Then I lost once. Then I got THREE DRAWS IN A ROW before finally losing again, bringing me to a total of three wins over TWELVE TURNS. NHggngngng.