Tea!

Talk about whatever!
InspectorCaracal

Re: Tea!

Post by InspectorCaracal »

corvabird wrote:
Tue 23 Nov, 2021, 3:30 pm
I'm not a tea drinker or a hot drinker really, but today my throat is sore so I'm going to make a bit of decaf earl grey (my favourite tea) and have it. I think it'll be nice.

I wish I was more into tea really and people are always quick to offer lots of advice about it, but I don't think it's my thing. Maybe one day. Tastes change, etc.
it's also okay to not like things!

tbh i think the reason we like tea so much is the same reason we like perfume stuff, namely, not-so-secretly being super into Making Potions Etc. lol when we were a kid we'd do this thing with taking tiny piece of paper and coloring them in solidly with markers and then getting a bunch of cups of water and adding our coloured "ingredients" to the cups and stirring them up to make different "potions" as the marker ink bled off the papers into the water

teas are all really drinkable herbal infusions, whether with tea leaves or not, and the different kinds of preparations of the leaves and types of leaves and ways you can alter the flavor and qualities via various other herbal or oil additives is super cool, perfumes are like that too especially perfume oils and uh i'll stop derailing the thread now lol

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Tue 23 Nov, 2021, 7:04 pm
corvabird wrote:
I'm not a tea drinker or a hot drinker really, but today my throat is sore so I'm going to make a bit of decaf earl grey (my favourite tea) and have it. I think it'll be nice.

I wish I was more into tea really and people are always quick to offer lots of advice about it, but I don't think it's my thing. Maybe one day. Tastes change, etc.

tbh i think the reason we like tea so much is the same reason we like perfume stuff, namely, not-so-secretly being super into Making Potions Etc. lol when we were a kid we'd do this thing with taking tiny piece of paper and coloring them in solidly with markers and then getting a bunch of cups of water and adding our coloured "ingredients" to the cups and stirring them up to make different "potions" as the marker ink bled off the papers into the water

teas are all really drinkable herbal infusions, whether with tea leaves or not, and the different kinds of preparations of the leaves and types of leaves and ways you can alter the flavor and qualities via various other herbal or oil additives is super cool, perfumes are like that too especially perfume oils and uh i'll stop derailing the thread now lol
that's 100% why I want to like tea, fyi

I want the potions drink

I want to be an alchemist
Boo!

InspectorCaracal

corvabird wrote:
Wed 24 Nov, 2021, 8:05 am
InspectorCaracal wrote:
Tue 23 Nov, 2021, 7:04 pm
corvabird wrote:

that's 100% why I want to like tea, fyi

I want the potions drink

I want to be an alchemist
solution: make tea, but for other people? 8D

solution number two: get into iced tea

Bee

Post by Bee »

One interesting revelation over the last two years is that I LOVE mint + green tea (without sugar!!?), even though I hardly ever like green tea anything

so now we literally stock up on fancy mint+green tea blend
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Tue 30 Nov, 2021, 7:01 pm
One interesting revelation over the last two years is that I LOVE mint + green tea (without sugar!!?), even though I hardly ever like green tea anything

so now we literally stock up on fancy mint+green tea blend
mint tea is one of very few teas i drink without sugar i love mint tea

i don't really do green tea myself but i could see how it'd go really well with the mint, the sorta grassy flavor would blend well with the faint herbal undertones of the mint but not be too overpowering because of the menthol overshadowing it.

Bee

Post by Bee »

Does anybody like red tea? That’s one I always forget about, though I do enjoy this chocolatey one from the Tea Shop
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Thu 27 Oct, 2022, 2:02 am
Does anybody like red tea? That’s one I always forget about, though I do enjoy this chocolatey one from the Tea Shop
ME I DO

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Thu 27 Oct, 2022, 2:06 am
Bee wrote:
ME I DO
yo do you have any tips??
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Thu 27 Oct, 2022, 2:38 pm
InspectorCaracal wrote:
Thu 27 Oct, 2022, 2:06 am
Bee wrote:
ME I DO
yo do you have any tips??
oh man, not really, i've never really gotten a chance to buy my own red tea, just had it at tea places

one thing i've found is it's super unclear what constitutes a "red tea" vs a "black tea", but generally it seems to be that "black tea" is used for teas spread via the British colonies while "red tea" is either Chinese teas that aren't white or green, or rooibos. i generally like the former "plain" i.e. just the tea variety without flavorings, while rooibos teas i like best mixed with other herbal elements or flavorings in a blend.

the tea house in c'ville i liked to go to had a tea listed as a red tea called Golden Monkey which was the most delicious tea i've ever had so if you see something like that you should grab it

i'm actually pretty thrown by the website you linked labelling puerh as red tea? i don't think i've ever seen puerh called a red tea, it's like the one tea that's universally considered black or at least that's what i thought

InspectorCaracal

okay so like this one the golden yunnan is more what i think of as a red tea