Talk about whatever!
InspectorCaracal

Re: OOC Chatter for Cal's KIN game

Post by InspectorCaracal »

corvabird wrote:
Wed 10 Nov, 2021, 7:24 pm
zatnosk wrote:
Wed 10 Nov, 2021, 7:01 pm
I have a slowly growing lowkey anxiety that people are waiting on me, because I'm smack in the middle of that doorway. I haven't had time/concentration to post, but I want to!
I also don't know what to say, so it might be a short attempt at moving stuff forward...
It doesn't seem like there's any reason someone couldn't write that they edge in around you tbh. I wouldn't worry!

With a minimum once a week posting and everyone being very busy with various life things, I suspect people just haven't had a chance to post yet.
Yeah exactly! Like I said, my comment wasn't really prompted by anything happening, just me being anxious. It's only Wednesday, I'd only start to really worry if it was Saturday afternoon (my time) and a buncha people still hadn't posted yet that week

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

My post this week might be another light-pass where my character says 100% of nothing, we'll see. I'm not waiting on anyone on particular, though I do have a goal of getting my character into the room eventually.

InspectorCaracal

Wysteria wrote:
Wed 10 Nov, 2021, 9:58 pm
My post this week might be another light-pass where my character says 100% of nothing, we'll see. I'm not waiting on anyone on particular, though I do have a goal of getting my character into the room eventually.
don't sell yourself short I loved your intro lmao

skysailor

Post by skysailor »

Oh, I kept meaning to make a post and then forgetting to, this has caused me to remember. *posts!*

zatnosk

Post by zatnosk »

skysailor wrote:
Thu 11 Nov, 2021, 2:08 am
a small tree branch about the length of his hand with a couple of shiny, spiky leaves and a spray of berries.
(quoted from the game thread, because I can cross-quote like that)

Conundrum: Should I invent a fancy fantasy name for the plant or just call it "holly"?

skysailor

Post by skysailor »

zatnosk wrote:
Thu 11 Nov, 2021, 11:01 am
skysailor wrote:
a small tree branch about the length of his hand with a couple of shiny, spiky leaves and a spray of berries.

Conundrum: Should I invent a fancy fantasy name for the plant or just call it "holly"?
Whatever you like~

InspectorCaracal

skysailor wrote:
Thu 11 Nov, 2021, 12:48 pm
zatnosk wrote:
Thu 11 Nov, 2021, 11:01 am
skysailor wrote:

Whatever you like~
Official GM stance is also "whatever you like". :+1:

zatnosk

Post by zatnosk »

If anyone's wondering: "Hüfelthorn" is derived from an allegedly southern jutish (a danish dialect that overlaps a bit with Plattdeutch / Low German) name for holly, "Hyffeltorn" / "Høffeltorn". Danish wikipedia claims "hyffel" is derived from a word meaning "to prick", so it's more or less "prickly thorn" which is an apt name for holly (the plant, not the glaceon), imo.

Also, I'm slowly starting to wonder when any NPCs are going to show up in that room. Or whether?!

InspectorCaracal

zatnosk wrote:
Sun 14 Nov, 2021, 8:37 pm
If anyone's wondering: "Hüfelthorn" is derived from an allegedly southern jutish (a danish dialect that overlaps a bit with Plattdeutch / Low German) name for holly, "Hyffeltorn" / "Høffeltorn". Danish wikipedia claims "hyffel" is derived from a word meaning "to prick", so it's more or less "prickly thorn" which is an apt name for holly (the plant, not the glaceon), imo.

Also, I'm slowly starting to wonder when any NPCs are going to show up in that room. Or whether?!
this is actually a small spoiler, don't read if you don't want it
hmm, yes, "show up" being the operative word there
lmao don't worry I'm just letting all y'all's characters get sufficiently confused suspicious acquainted first

InspectorCaracal

GM logistics note!

I believe the current character arrangement is Hawthorn, Zally and Mina all in a big jam in the doorway, with Hawthorn being just outside and Zally failing to escape past Mina and Hawthorn, while Sabriel was properly in the room but came over to give Mina the twig and thus now adjacent to the cluster at the door

which is to say i'm also waiting for y'all to actually get in the robot room before I do a GM post lolllll

(no rush i just think it's super funny)