Cal's KIN Forum Game

Talk about whatever!
skysailor

Re: Cal's KIN Forum Game

Post by skysailor »

"Mina, it's you! It's so good to see you. I think I was a cat when we last spoke?" Sabriel itches to demonstrate. He isn't used to holding his power in reserve. But he manages to hold off from transforming. "I brought you a present. Not that I knew you'd be here, the note I got didn't mention you, but..." He digs around in his pockets before unveiling a small tree branch about the length of his hand with a couple of shiny, spiky leaves and a spray of berries. It has no magical powers or great worth other than being from a tree species Mina mentioned during their last rambling conversation at the would-be tree symposium. He offers this present to Mina, proudly.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

These people already know each other? Zally is *definitely* getting the sense that they got somebody else's note by accident. They have no idea why they're all so willing to have their social gathering with a stranger in the midst. Zally tries to edge out of the room.

'I'm interrupting? Terribly sorry. I'll just be going ...' they mumble. They get most of the way around Mina and their tail whaps the dresser again. 'Whoops! Ha, sorry ...' They stop dead in front of the door. The person with berries in her hair is squarely in the doorway. They hesitate a bit, as if they will be able to scoot around her, though this is incredibly optimistic of them given their large size.

They grin nervously at the tree-like person, baring their very sharp teeth. Mireet willing, they will get out of here with minimal fuss. This isn't their first accidental trespass and they desperately wish this would stop happening ...
Boo!

zatnosk

Post by zatnosk »

"Oh, is that a Hüfelthorn branch? I didn't know they grew around here." Mina is immediately distracted by the branch with shiny leaves, and moves to receive it from Sabriels hand. Before she can get a closer look at it, she notices that Zalian is motioning to leave through the door, they both just entered. And only then does she notice the tree-like person that had followed her in.

"Interrupting? Wait, cat? When did I speak to a cat? Okay, start over, what's going on here?" Mina takes a deep breath before continuing, "So, I got a note, you got a note, and you got a note" she says pointing at Sabriel and Zalian in turn. "And I'm guessing you," indicating the tree-like person in the doorway, "either got a note too or.. is the author of these notes!"

Then she steps back towards a wall, leaning against it, trying to look at all three of them at the same time. "Either way, leave if you will, I'm staying right here until I find out who's responsible for all these mysterious notes.

Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

"I wonder if there's a material difference between an unsigned and a mysterious note. Maybe they just forgot to sign it. I've done that."

Hawthorn studies the traffic jam in the hallway, and gestures at the various people there, "Maybe also we all go in there, so that people can leave and stay as they please. There's even chairs."

Doors are not chairs. Very different construction methodologies.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

Zalian's cheeks go a slightly darker purple as the berry-haired woman gestures for them to sit and stop clogging the doorway. 'Oh -- uh -- of course.'

They step aside and go and find a chair. They spend a few moments trying to sit on it, but the chair is quite small for both their mass and their wings and their thick tail, and they don't find perching on the end with their tail curled around comfortable at all. Eventually they just stand up again, looking embarassed and try to lean against the wall as casually as Mina is but lean to hard, squishing their wings. 'Oof!' the mutter involuntarily.

'Did -- uh -- did any of your notes just sort of ... appear?' Zalian asks nervously. 'I'm Zalian, by the way. I'm not from these parts. I don't know why anyone would invite me to ... well, anything.'
Boo!

zatnosk

Post by zatnosk »

"The note didn't exactly teleport in front of me, but I admit I didn't see anyone putting it into my bag," Mina answers curtly, arms crossed, still leaning against the wall. But her serious facade is lessened somewhat by the shiny-leafed branch she's idly swishing around in varying patterns with one hand.

Mina looks around the room, quickly counting the approximately six seating places around the fireplace. "There's only four of us so far, and judging by the six or so seats, I think we're due for one or two people more. With luck, they'll have some answers to who was supposed to be invited and, not least, why we were summoned by mysterious and unsigned notes in the first place."

InspectorCaracal

Post by InspectorCaracal »

"Very astute of you." A pleasant masculine voice came from an unoccupied corner of the room - that is, a previously unoccupied corner of the room.

Where a moment before had been nothing but shadows, now sat what appeared to be a cushioned armchair, and a person on it. The dim lighting and position of the chair made it impossible to tell much of anything about the individual beyond being the source of the voice and having a very nice pair of knee-high, rune-embroidered boots.

"However," he (because the person is a he, despite such a thing being impossible to confirm at this point) continued, "our remaining invitees appear to have declined. Please, make yourselves comfortable."

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

skysailor

Post by skysailor »

Sabriel takes him entirely literally and settles back down by the fire, laying in a way that he can watch the man. He tries to read the runes on the boots.

InspectorCaracal

Post by InspectorCaracal »

skysailor wrote:
Mon 22 Nov, 2021, 5:08 pm
Sabriel takes him entirely literally and settles back down by the fire, laying in a way that he can watch the man. He tries to read the runes on the boots.
OOC: Roll Scholar for me :3 (for Sabriel that's a d4 plus a d20)

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

Hawthorn is going to take a seat, and say, "Good evening. Just to confirm, are you our host tonight?"

Because it's implied but not explicit! They might just be a magical person prone to dramatic lighting and sitting in corners.