OOC Chatter for Cal's KIN game

Talk about whatever!
InspectorCaracal

Re: OOC Chatter for Cal's KIN game

Post by InspectorCaracal »

Since I don't this to turn into A Whole Thing and trip up the game, I'm gonna bring back up my "posting rules" section about post lengths. Specifically, the fact that the minimum is like "two sentences" and the maximum is "as long as you want", because I feel like people have forgotten it and it was deliberate.

There is a huge range of styles and comfort levels with people's written roleplaying, and I want to make sure everyone knows that their own method is completely fine.

I want people who like to do their roleplay with straightforward descriptions of actions and dialogue to feel comfortable just writing that, without needing to "pad" with narration.

I also want people who like to do their roleplay with lots of introspective description and internal monologuing to feel comfortable doing that without need to "cut down" what they want to write to fit within some sort of maximum.

The point here is, my expectations of player post "quality" is exactly what I outlined: once a week, at least two sentences and as long as you want it to be.

That's it!

Two sentences is fine. A thousand words is fine. All that really matters is that you write your character doing the things you want your character to do!

So if you're worried you won't be able to write "well enough" or "too well", or that your posts are "too short" or "too long" - they're not! I put in a rule about it! You're good!

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Thu 04 Nov, 2021, 1:37 am

The point here is, my expectations of player post "quality" is exactly what I outlined: once a week, at least two sentences and as long as you want it to be.

That's it!

Two sentences is fine. A thousand words is fine. All that really matters is that you write your character doing the things you want your character to do!

So if you're worried you won't be able to write "well enough" or "too well", or that your posts are "too short" or "too long" - they're not! I put in a rule about it! You're good!
Thanks Cal.

And I do want to clarify for other players: there is no way I am going to be able to post daily, or even every other day. The 'once a week' rule is why I joined. I might manage a bit more than that sometimes (I hope I will) but being only expected to do once a week is a thing I can cope with.

So no need to worry if I haven't posted. I am probably either busy or formulating a post in my head or both.

I feel like this is a very good conversation about boundaries, anxieties, and expectations and I'm glad we're having it. And it's a help to know going in that no matter what I post, it'll be good enough.
Boo!

skysailor

Post by skysailor »

If I'm rejiggering my Habitica stuff to use Kin terminology am I resKinning it?

...I'll see myself out.

InspectorCaracal

skysailor wrote:
Fri 05 Nov, 2021, 1:22 am
If I'm rejiggering my Habitica stuff to use Kin terminology am I resKinning it?

...I'll see myself out.
:dark_sunglasses:
:city_sunrise:
YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

zatnosk

Post by zatnosk »

skysailor wrote:
Thu 04 Nov, 2021, 12:43 am
zatnosk wrote:
Wed 03 Nov, 2021, 10:04 pm
(Srsly, I'm almost intimidated by all the quality - I'm just gonna assume I don't drag down the average quality of the story and barge in as soon as I find time to write)
Idk if you're just referring to Corva's post or also mine, but I assume mine are included. This statement opened up a huge can of worms for me? Not your fault, but feeling like I'm upsetting or driving away people by doing "too well" at something is actually a huge and historied anxiety point for me, personally, which is not something you had cause to know.
I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to cause anxiety. I'll be mindful of that going forward

In other news, I managed to finally find time to barge in - as literally as I could. And believe me, it was only lack of time that kept me from posting four days ago.

While writing my intro post I kinda semi-consciously went more towards "comic relief" than I initially had planned, but I hope an eager, bubbling, optimistic person is going to be a good addition to the party dynamic - I'm definitely channeling my own inner "enough-jokes-makes-awkwardness-go-away" clown (which is easier knowing that any and all social repercussions can only hit my character and not me )

InspectorCaracal

zatnosk wrote:
Fri 05 Nov, 2021, 9:41 pm
While writing my intro post I kinda semi-consciously went more towards "comic relief" than I initially had planned, but I hope an eager, bubbling, optimistic person is going to be a good addition to the party dynamic - I'm definitely channeling my own inner "enough-jokes-makes-awkwardness-go-away" clown (which is easier knowing that any and all social repercussions can only hit my character and not me )
Personally I'm just enjoying how Wyste's character is the only reason we didn't wind up with an entire party full of nerds lmao

zatnosk

Post by zatnosk »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Fri 05 Nov, 2021, 9:43 pm
Personally I'm just enjoying how Wyste's character is the only reason we didn't wind up with an entire party full of nerds lmao
Nerd party is the best party

Okay, that's debatable (especially at a party full of pedantics )

InspectorCaracal

Achievement Unlocked! All Players have Posted

(p.s. THIS was my thousandth post on the forum lmfaoooo)

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

I'm so hype that we're all here! And all your characters are so interesting! And all the posts are so good! AHHH! >:D
Boo!

corvabird

Post by corvabird »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Fri 05 Nov, 2021, 10:43 pm

(p.s. THIS was my thousandth post on the forum lmfaoooo)
nice!
Boo!