Webtoons!

The place to talk about web comics, web serials, fanfiction, and any other kind of stories posted on the internet.
Forum rules
Tag your spoilers!
InspectorCaracal

Re: Webtoons!

Post by InspectorCaracal »

Bee wrote:
Mon 05 Aug, 2024, 2:49 am
This past week I've been binge reading Lemon Soda and Coffee! Absolutely wonderful, chill sol romance. It does deal with some mental illness themes but seriously, for the most part it's just wonderfully warm and healthy. 😊
i keep seeing banners for that and being low-key suspicious for no good reason, but if you like it i'll check it out

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always bad at computers.

Bee

Post by Bee »

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Mon 05 Aug, 2024, 4:12 am
Bee wrote:
Mon 05 Aug, 2024, 2:49 am
This past week I've been binge reading Lemon Soda and Coffee! Absolutely wonderful, chill sol romance. It does deal with some mental illness themes but seriously, for the most part it's just wonderfully warm and healthy. 😊
i keep seeing banners for that and being low-key suspicious for no good reason, but if you like it i'll check it out
I mean, is Webtoons, it's hard not to be suspicious all the time
and
The Society for Evasionary Action in Literature (and Jesus)

QUIRKS.CPP

Bee

Post by Bee »

This week's 30 Minutes with You episodes making everyone cry and scream
and

QUIRKS.CPP

Bee

Post by Bee »

Aww, 30 Minutes with You just ended.

I honestly thought it would keep on following the characters through high school ;-;
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

wait

WAIT

THIS HAS TO BE A DRAGONBALL REFERENCE LOL
Attachments
Screenshot_20240815_092014_WEBTOON.jpg
Screenshot_20240815_092014_WEBTOON.jpg (143.22 KiB) Viewed 4196 times

Bee

Post by Bee »

So The Makeup Remover is fantastic, I was up all night binge reading it with no regrets

man, slow burn friends to lovers is SO MUCH MORE SATISFYING. I've been reading a lot of romance recently and like, while I can get the appeal of wish-fulfillment*, it can be like... overindulging in sweets. Sure it's fun, but the aftermath isn't that great, and it ruins your appetite for wholesome food.

*Like with Daytime Star or Marry My Husband. The male love interests are good, supportive men who care for the female interest as a person with actual needs and dreams (including professional ones), but in the end, they just feel like cardboard. Those ML had literally no other goals or interests or roles besides supporting the FL. >.<
and

QUIRKS.CPP

Bee

Post by Bee »

Bee wrote:
Fri 06 Sep, 2024, 7:12 pm
So The Makeup Remover is fantastic, I was up all night binge reading it with no regrets

man, slow burn friends to lovers is SO MUCH MORE SATISFYING. I've been reading a lot of romance recently and like, while I can get the appeal of wish-fulfillment*, it can be like... overindulging in sweets. Sure it's fun, but the aftermath isn't that great, and it ruins your appetite for wholesome food.

*Like with Daytime Star or Marry My Husband. The male love interests are good, supportive men who care for the female interest as a person with actual needs and dreams (including professional ones), but in the end, they just feel like cardboard. Those ML had literally no other goals or interests or roles besides supporting the FL. >.<
so I just spent real money to finish the webtoon and omg it shouldn't have been categorized as romance at all lol

Absolutely perfect, though!! Highly recommended.
and

QUIRKS.CPP

InspectorCaracal

Bee wrote:
Sat 07 Sep, 2024, 2:16 am
Bee wrote:
Fri 06 Sep, 2024, 7:12 pm

so I just spent real money to finish the webtoon and omg it shouldn't have been categorized as romance at all lol

Absolutely perfect, though!! Highly recommended.
I've started reading this and am enjoying it so far! I just wish webtoon would stop giving me the ads for bad werewolf erotica to unlock eps of it lol

InspectorCaracal

I'm just up to ep 30 in The Makeup Remover but I was like, there's something about the tone and structure of this series the feels familiar and as I was lying in bed this morning failing to be asleep it suddenly hit me: GOURMET HOUND. It's reminding me of Gourmet Hound! The characters and premise are completely totally different but it has a really similar-feeling pattern.

**edit: I will be absolutely shocked if this one makes me cry, though, lol

InspectorCaracal

InspectorCaracal wrote:
Thu 19 Sep, 2024, 3:51 pm
I'm just up to ep 30 in The Makeup Remover but I was like, there's something about the tone and structure of this series the feels familiar and as I was lying in bed this morning failing to be asleep it suddenly hit me: GOURMET HOUND. It's reminding me of Gourmet Hound! The characters and premise are completely totally different but it has a really similar-feeling pattern.

**edit: I will be absolutely shocked if this one makes me cry, though, lol
I just read 33 and ran straight here because NO THEY WERE SO CUTE I DON'T WANT HER TO HAVE HER HEART BROKEN HOW COULD YOU